The best food preservation method – FREEZE DRAYING
Freeze drying is a method that Peruvian Incas already used it successfully. Read more about… Now, the freeze-dried food market is booming. And basically it is clear that this is the best food preservation method ever.
It has expended well beyond serving the market for soldiers and astronauts, to being very popular among trekkers, bikers, climbers, sailors and people eager to stash some food in their house in case of emergency.
Other methods of preservation, such as canning and dehydrating, use high temperatures that destroy much of the food value.
And unlike other methods of food preservation, freeze drying does not shrink or toughen the food, and retains flavour, colour, and nutrition. Even more! Freeze-dried food is lightweight, will last up longer, it’s convenient to use and easy to transport and store.
Organic fresh food
in freeze-drying process
98% of all nutrients.
Almost all foods can be freeze-dried
Freeze drying works great for fruits and vegetables, but unlike other options, it also perfectly preserves meat, fish, dairy, eggs, ice cream, and even fully-cooked meals.
Cook with freeze-dried ingredients, make smoothies, have the perfect emergency food supply, camping meals and healthy snacks. The possibilities are endless!
Freeze drying process
- Fresh product is frozen.
- Reducing surrounding pressure creates a vacuum.
- Temperature is slowly augmented and the frozen water content sublimes directly from the solid phase to gas phase. This process is called sublimation and it takes between 16 to 24 hours, depending on the size of the product.
Freeze drying process is finished when moisture content is reduced to 2% which inhibits the action of microorganisms and enzymes.
The benefits of freeze-dried food
- Maintains of the nutritional qualities.
- Contains no artificial additives as preservatives, colorants, taste enhancers or synthetic vitamins.
- Has original colour, form, size and taste of all ingredients.
- Lightweight, easy to transport and store.
- Does not require refrigeration.
- Has a long shelf life, up to 25 years.
Freeze-dried meals for the body and spirit
Food plays a very important role in my life. The care we put into our health and safety is crucial for a life of quality. That is why I find it important that the meals for me and my family are perfectly balanced and, what is more, taste absolutely delicious. Anytime and anywhere. While open-see cruising, high up in the mountains, after a long hike, during cycling or skiing … or just if I’m having a long day at the office. A quickly prepared freeze-dried meal, warm and delicious, for me is simply a blessing.
– Marjana P.